Thursday, December 2, 2021

Keiran Bowe -Review- The Globe, Newcastle

 Keiran Bowe


The Globe

27/11/2021

Storm? 
What storm? 
Arwen wasn't stopping me tonight. 
After battling the elements I hadn't even thawed out before our first act was on. 
Cue Jenny Lascelles. Jenny has been on the local music scene for a while and is a star in her own right. Seeing her sat behind her piano she immediately puts me in mind of a young Tori Amos. 
Her folk background is evident during The Mermaid. 
I am captivated by the dark themes of Drift. Her voice is haughtingly beautiful. Her latest single Dying 2 get 2 U is breathtaking. This artist wears her heart on her sleeve lyrically. 
Next up is Elizabeth Liddle
Just wow.Somebody sign her up immediately. From the first keys of Lonely I am taken back to listening to Carole King. 
Elizabeth has a beautiful recordable voice and her keyboard layering is superb. 
Definitely one to watch. 
The venue is filling up and I've forgotten about the awful weather. There are a lot of Toon tops. Nothing unusual there. Suddenly they all congregate at the bar and the strains of Erasure blast from a mobile phone. Everyone joins in to A Little Respect as the band walk in. 
I knew tonight was special. 
From the opening bars of Into The Night I am hooked. Keiran and his amazing band have everyone dancing and chanting. It's like being at the match. The whole set is awesome. Keiran's vocals are sublime. I can totally hear Marc Bolan's influence. 
Standout lyric for me is during Playing The Fool
'You're no longer on my guest list
Whether or not this was on your wish list' 
Lyrically this young man is wise beyond his years. 
Too many other good songs to mention so let's talk about Hinny. 

Keiran's new single starts off heartfelt and melodic. The second half is a euphoric anthem. A beautiful song about reflection and reassurance. 
To sum up I was in room of about 50 people watching a lad from Gateshead who is going to be massive. 
A different storm. 
Keiran Bowe is playing Tyne Bank Brewery 12/12/2021 
New single Hinny available on I Tunes and all major streaming platforms. 

Kim Blu.



No comments:

Post a Comment